Sump recommendation

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my existing sump broke today spilling water everywhere so I need to buy a new one. I want to know what’s the best sump I can get I have limited room 36 x 14 x 14 I would like to have either blue and white, blue and black, or just clear I also would like to know the best place to buy it? I don’t want to spend over $600 also I’m going to need to go ahead and buy a new skimmer as well any recommendations will be helpful!!!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bashsea and Trigger both have blue sumps. Bashsea, Eshopps, and Simplicity all have skimmers that would match by color.

Personally I have always found Reef Octopus to be my go-to skimmer brand but they all have red highlights. Although I have never owned any Bashsea products, I have always admired the craftsmanship of their products when I have seen them at many shows.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have both DIY sumps and commercial sumps. You can certainly get by with a DIY sump, but you will certainly appreciate a custom sump. It really depends on you. Several online vendors offer these commercial sumps, DIY kits, and with a little work you can figure out how to make your own from a stock aquarium.

OP
OP
Impala67

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Well guys I bought a bashsea sump for $200 and it’s a good one I’m so excited

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider Rubbermaid I had TWO NAME BRAND SUMPS from different Makers fail in the last 2 years. NOT FUN, Now use rubbermaid , No baffles NO Bubble return to tank Great result and NO LEAKS!!!

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider Rubbermaid I had TWO NAME BRAND SUMPS from different Makers fail in the last 2 years. NOT FUN, Now use rubbermaid , No baffles NO Bubble return to tank Great result and NO LEAKS!!!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 92 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back