Sump & refugium

reefrookie379

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I purchased a baffle from Octo Aquatics for my WaterBox sump. I got some Ulva in today from Algae Barn and dropped it into my refugium section of my sump. The flow through the baffle has pulled the Ulva down over a lot of the water flow holes and now the water has slowed to where it is pooling over my filter floss cups I replaced my filter socks with .. should I be concerned with this and remove the Ulva or will this not affect my skimmer production, return pump, etc.

jmatt

Just gettin' started. Again.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I purchased a baffle from Octo Aquatics for my WaterBox sump. I got some Ulva in today from Algae Barn and dropped it into my refugium section of my sump. The flow through the baffle has pulled the Ulva down over a lot of the water flow holes and now the water has slowed to where it is pooling over my filter floss cups I replaced my filter socks with .. should I be concerned with this and remove the Ulva or will this not affect my skimmer production, return pump, etc.
If you're seeing some kind of slowdown or change in the water flow, I'd stop everything right away and fix it. It may look 'okay' right now, but you could wake up to water on the floor.

OP
OP
R

reefrookie379

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9BB04356-A0BD-40FE-A177-4083356F2E98.jpeg
DA7BDAD7-8240-45CE-B361-15FEFA18E239.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back