sump set up under 180g

reefmaster70

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2025
Messages
995
Reaction score
473
Location
SW Wisconsin
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok, I'd love to see some "sump/plumbing" setups for larger tanks to get some ideas on how I want to plumb mine. I am setting up my 3rd reef tank, it is a 180g with dual overflow/returns. I am putting a 60g sump under it. I have both overflow lines running to a Fleece roller in the first chamber, and then I will have dual return pumps in the return chamber, One will be going directly back to the tank and the second pump will be a DC pump I can adjust flow on as it will hit my UV sterilizer first before going back to the tank. Just wondering if any of you have a similar set up you could shoot me some pics, so I can see how you ran your lines, etc.

Thanks for looking.
 
60g is a really nice size sump for a 180g display. is it a prefab sump or DIY? plumbing should be pretty straightforward. Do you have holes drilled for the returns?
 
Ok, I'd love to see some "sump/plumbing" setups for larger tanks to get some ideas on how I want to plumb mine. I am setting up my 3rd reef tank, it is a 180g with dual overflow/returns. I am putting a 60g sump under it. I have both overflow lines running to a Fleece roller in the first chamber, and then I will have dual return pumps in the return chamber, One will be going directly back to the tank and the second pump will be a DC pump I can adjust flow on as it will hit my UV sterilizer first before going back to the tank. Just wondering if any of you have a similar set up you could shoot me some pics, so I can see how you ran your lines, etc.

Thanks for looking.
IMG_1315.jpeg
 
60g is a really nice size sump for a 180g display. is it a prefab sump or DIY? plumbing should be pretty straightforward. Do you have holes drilled for the returns?
I love the DIY aspect of this hobby, so the sump is a DIY...it started life as a 60g breeder, and I am siliconing in the partitions.
 
60g is a really nice size sump for a 180g display. is it a prefab sump or DIY? plumbing should be pretty straightforward. Do you have holes drilled for the returns?
I love the DIY aspect of this hobby, so the sump is a DIY...it started life as a 60g breeder, and I am siliconing in the partitions.
I love it too, ultimate customize-ability!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new