Sump & water mix in basement?

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been in the hobby for a few short months now and I'm already tired of lugging buckets and jugs of water. I'm setting up a water mixing station in the basement, which still leaves me hauling water upstairs for the time being. I want to go ahead and plumb a drain in the wall under my DT and run a water line up for water changes and soon, to feed an AWC system. How are you guys doing this? If I do this, should I just go ahead and move the sump to the basement as well so I don't regret not doing it later?

I've got 3 Sicce Syncra 3.0 pumps, 2 in my sump and one I'm using to mix water & serve as my backup. The max head on these is 9.9 feet. My basement ceiling is 8 feet. If I move the sump, will I need to buy 3 new pumps since I'd be right at the limit?

Looking to learn from those with experience rather than learn yet another lesson the hard way.

Pics of your basement plumbing/sump/water stations would be much appreciated.

OP
OP
SeaJay

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at the AutoAqua AWC. Anyone using these? The pump that comes with it will not work being that the max head on it is 6 feet. Is there a better option, or should I just get it and replace the pump?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back