Sump with ato AND refugium chambers

danielankeny

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 8, 2022
Messages
148
Reaction score
194
Location
Sudbury, MA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All! I am planning a reef tank (had a nano for 3 years about 10 years back) and am wondering if anyone knows of a commercially available sump that includes both an ATO and refugium chamber? On the other hand, i suppose it’s not a big deal to just have a separate ATO reservoir….but I’d appreciate some opinions from experienced reefers! Thank you!
 
Last edited:
The only one I have ever seen with a built in ATO chamber was a eshopps sump but I don't think it's available anymore, At least not that I can find. There are however quite a few options for a separate ATO reservoir.
 
Upvote 0
It really depends on the size of the sump and display but in most cases just based on the required size and capacity an integrated ato reservoir usually wouldn't be the best solution. The standard recommendation is a week worth of supply of top off water which is often more volume than most sumps can afford to give up space for.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new