Sump

  • Thread starter Thread starter cuzzoo3345
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cuzzoo3345

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2024
Messages
78
Reaction score
35
Location
usa
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m thinking about adding a ten gallon diy sump and a eshopps pf 300 overflow box to my twenty gallon reef tank. Do yall think this would be a good idea? I’ve been doing alot of research on sumps and seems like it’d be good.
 
Never bad adding more water. Room to put heaters, ato (increased stability), skimmer maybe, more live rock. The choices are endless.
 
Never bad adding more water. Room to put heaters, ato (increased stability), skimmer maybe, more live rock. The choices are endless.
I didn’t even think about being able to put more live rock in the sump! Yea I’ve read that it’ll add more water volume , I don’t really understand how ( because it’s two separate tanks ) but I like that it’ll add more water volume!!
 
I didn’t even think about being able to put more live rock in the sump! Yea I’ve read that it’ll add more water volume , I don’t really understand how ( because it’s two separate tanks ) but I like that it’ll add more water volume!!

All the water is connected. Anything that happens in the display has the sump water to dilute it. It becomes one large mass of water and makes things more stable because of the increase in volume. More water = slower element consumption and smaller fluctuations in parameters etc
 
Sorry, I think I have a cold

COUGH COUGH

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/new-24”-acrylic-sump.1046658/
COUGH

So sorry, don’t know what came over me for a moment :) I know you said diy but just in case you want a prebuilt acrylic refugium, I have an 24” new in box for less than half what I paid. Trying to get it to a good home. And out of my home
 
Sorry, I think I have a cold

COUGH COUGH

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/new-24”-acrylic-sump.1046658/
COUGH

So sorry, don’t know what came over me for a moment :) I know you said diy but just in case you want a prebuilt acrylic refugium, I have an 24” new in box for less than half what I paid. Trying to get it to a good home. And out of my home
I’ll check the measurements of my stand and if it’ll fit I’ll buy it tomorrow it you still have it available!
 
All the water is connected. Anything that happens in the display has the sump water to dilute it. It becomes one large mass of water and makes things more stable because of the increase in volume. More water = slower element consumption and smaller fluctuations in parameters etc
This helped out a lot , thank you very much!
 
I’ll check the measurements of my stand and if it’ll fit I’ll buy it tomorrow it you still have it available!
It’s available, I’ll keep an eye out for your update
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new