Sumps for Peninsula style systems

Clownreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody

So I own a Waterbox 5526 peninsula, and I just realized there are no after market sumps for systems that run in that fashion (return and overflow drains on the same side).

Any clue where I could find one? Id like to upgrade the stock sump.

Thanks!

CR

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always re plumb your drain line(s) to the far end and have your return chamber on the narrow end for a more straight shot. Doing that you can pick whatever sump you want

bdesign

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always re plumb your drain line(s) to the far end and have your return chamber on the narrow end for a more straight shot. Doing that you can pick whatever sump you want

For what it's worth...
I have an 8'L peninsula-style tank.

The drains drop straight down a few inches, then travel parallel the length of the tank, on a downward slope, approximately 5' and then drop into the far end of the sump (Trigger Systems).

The returns are just as @Feet4Fish suggests; a straight shot right up into the tank.

OP
OP
Clownreef

Clownreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it's worth...
I have an 8'L peninsula-style tank.

The drains drop straight down a few inches, then travel parallel the length of the tank, on a downward slope, approximately 5' and then drop into the far end of the sump (Trigger Systems).

The returns are just as @Feet4Fish suggests; a straight shot right up into the tank.

I think it would be easier to move the return to the far end. I really don't want to mess with the stock plumbing too much..

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be easier to move the return to the far end. I really don't want to mess with the stock plumbing too much..
Sorry to say but with the better sumps, you’ll have to re plumb. It’s really not that hard... but if you insist on having it on the same side you could have one custom made. Banshee might be able to do one like that for you.

bdesign

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

From what I understand (which ain't much - haha), with three 90 degree turns before going back into the tank, the overall flow is greatly reduced by having the return that far from the bulkhead.

Nhltc99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shouldn't have any problems running the return pumps at the far end. Can always use a stronger pump, or go with dual returns if necessary. Regardless, I would recommend going with larger diameter pipe for the return pump to reduce head pressure if doing this. I personally would convert their stock return line to a 3rd drain, and run bean animal. Then run return pumps out the back of the stand and over the top of the glass

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back