Sumps?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ndz98
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2015
Messages
1,949
Reaction score
1,091
Location
Cookeville
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How important is it to have a sumo for a 29 gallon tank?
 
most sumo's I now wont fit in a 29 gallon tank:confused:...

but seriously, it really depends on what you want to gain from a sump?
 
As far as maintaining water quality...not very important as regular water changes in a smaller tank normally are fine. Now for adding extra water volume, hiding equipment, and adding extra filtration options (like a fuge), extremely important :-)
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1447885381.734954.jpg

My 29 with 10 sump. Have skimmer, mangroves, chaeto, miracle mud, pods, snails in sump. Made DT, much more eye appealing.[emoji2]
 
As far as the equipment that's hidden are you talking about like the protein skimmer? And is it fairly easy to make a sump and set it up if I were to do a 10 gallon one?
 
You can get a hob cpr fuge and make it a sump like I did. Another 3.6gallons of water. I have marine pure bio balls, heater, skimmer in there. Also room for carbon and gfo. Also where my uv pulls water from. Just be sure to have flow in there so nothing builds up.
b92bbfe7399a1f793aad4f377f195e85.jpg
8250c7c679167913d4979b3c818f45af.jpg
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1447885381.734954.jpg

My 29 with 10 sump. Have skimmer, mangroves, chaeto, miracle mud, pods, snails in sump. Made DT, much more eye appealing.[emoji2]
Did you build your own sump?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new