Sunburst Anemone?

oceaninabox12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently i bought a large package of stuff and a couple of the things that came with it were "Flaming Ember anemones". I wasn't quite sure what those were, and i had never heard of them before but i decided to add them into the deal anyway. They don't seem like rainbows to me, so i was just hoping to get some advice from you guys on what they are. They are super bright orange/yellowish. 3 have very few speckles on them, and then some weird white streaks on the disk. Here are pics. No editing. Just the coral view lense by polyplab. Android camera.
20190424_124557.jpeg
20190424_122134.jpeg
20190423_120810.jpeg
20190424_122023.jpeg

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best way to tell is with full whites on. Then you can determine if they’re true sunburst
They look like rainbows, except the 2nd to last pic

OP
OP
oceaninabox12345

oceaninabox12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you didn't get it as a Colorado Sunburst - it's not. CSBs have a well documented lineage.
He bought them in CO (not saying they are colorado sunbursts) and he paid 350 each. I agree, if they are CO sunbursts they would have the proper lineage. Just curious to see what everyone thinks

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It does not look like a CSB anemone.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He bought them in CO (not saying they are colorado sunbursts) and he paid 350 each. I agree, if they are CO sunbursts they would have the proper lineage. Just curious to see what everyone thinks
I would make it clear that you never said they were Colorado sunburst because there’s already 2 that say it isn’t. When you said sunburst

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Frankly - I apologize after re-reading the OP - I dont know how to answer this. The person you should be asking is the person that sold it to you or? If you're happy with what you have - then who cares what the 'name' is? Or were you hoping to have a more valuable 'named' anemone. Note - if you were - thats fine - I was just asking. Again IMHO - the person to ask is the person you bought it from - because depending on the light - it looks like a lot of different anemones... (PS - is It fully extended in the pics?)

pokerdobe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also apologies - assuming he was asking if it was a CSB.

For the name - I am unsure. Quite honestly, it looks like a nice rainbow - the pink tips in the white only pictures indicate a rainbow to me. Regardless of name, it's a nice looking nem.

Colorado Sunburst has the best documented lineage. The other "bursts" I'm aware of are the Chicagoburst and the the CC Funburst. There could be more these days with the trend to name things.

OP
OP
oceaninabox12345

oceaninabox12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frankly - I apologize after re-reading the OP - I dont know how to answer this. The person you should be asking is the person that sold it to you or? If you're happy with what you have - then who cares what the 'name' is? Or were you hoping to have a more valuable 'named' anemone. Note - if you were - thats fine - I was just asking. Again IMHO - the person to ask is the person you bought it from - because depending on the light - it looks like a lot of different anemones... (PS - is It fully extended in the pics?)
The person who sold it to me bought it as a "Flaming Ember" which i believe is just a name the person who sold it to him made up. I am very happy with what i have. I think they are all very attractive anemones, but if i were to ever sell them i wanted to know what i could call them and sell them as. And yes, its fully extended in pics [emoji4]

OP
OP
oceaninabox12345

oceaninabox12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also apologies - assuming he was asking if it was a CSB.

For the name - I am unsure. Quite honestly, it looks like a nice rainbow - the pink tips in the white only pictures indicate a rainbow to me. Regardless of name, it's a nice looking nem.

Colorado Sunburst has the best documented lineage. The other "bursts" I'm aware of are the Chicagoburst and the the CC Funburst. There could be more these days with the trend to name things.
No worries! I should have been more clear. I just wanted to know around what it should be priced at, and what to call it if i were to sell it at some point.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The person who sold it to me bought it as a "Flaming Ember" which i believe is just a name the person who sold it to him made up. I am very happy with what i have. I think they are all very attractive anemones, but if i were to ever sell them i wanted to know what i could call them and sell them as. And yes, its fully extended in pics [emoji4]

So in other words is a rose bubble tip anemone? Hopefully it will do well with you... Oh - if you want to sell them - I would call them what you bought them as - flaming embers.... what else could you market them as?

OP
OP
oceaninabox12345

oceaninabox12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in other words is a rose bubble tip anemone? Hopefully it will do well with you... Oh - if you want to sell them - I would call them what you bought them as - flaming embers.... what else could you market them as?
I have several rose btas and it looks absolutely nothing like them. Nor does it look like my rainbows. So maybe ill just go with its a new product on the market called flaming embers [emoji23]

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have several rose btas and it looks absolutely nothing like them. Nor does it look like my rainbows. So maybe ill just go with its a new product on the market called flaming embers [emoji23]
Actually - google rose bta - lol:). it kind of does... And - Yeah:) I agree call it a flaming ember anemone

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 71 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 7.8%
Back