OP
OP
Sunny Goold

Sunny Goold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So these 3 x 1/3rd shots of my tank I took on Sunday after I glued the frags I got from Akvantika (Slovenia) on my way back from holidays in Croatia. I think Akvantika is the best place in Europe to get those US named corals. Next time I will get mainly acros but I came back with 9 new frags:
Watermelon Psammocora
JF Jack-o-lantern Lepto
JF Burning Banana Stylocoenella
Blue Lagoon Acropora
Green Goblin Anacropora
Leptoseris - blue and somethng - forget the name
WWC Grafted Cap
Utter Chaos Zoas
Setosa (I think JF but it may be BigR Grafted - it has a those lighter parts).
WWC Twizzler Zoas

It's quite hard to get these corals here - sometimes they pop up but sometimes they don't seem the same so you can't trust them and always the seller only has a few. Akvantika is the exception and his tanks were pristine (unlike mine but mine is new).

OP
OP
Sunny Goold

Sunny Goold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far the tank hasn't skipped a beat despite an exploded heater whilst I was on holidays first week of July and I came back to no power. Still I had a pump on battery backup and was running Brightwells Purit - I think both of those 2 things saved my tank. Mid July I drove to Germany to pick up 2 amazing clams from Coral Clam and I got a really nice Goni (light cyan base with a cool yellow center) plus a couple of plating Aussie acros.
Right now the corals I have along with the Akvantika frags are....

Fauna Marin Corals:
- Yellow Tip Green Center Black Torch
- Crazy T Monti
- Gold Stylocoeniella
- Orange Pachyseris
- Forest Fire Digi (yes it has yellow edges;)
- GSP
- Bird of Paradise Seriatopora (this is my worst looking coral - no yellow it's just blend in blue grey
- No name acro
- Ninja Turtles Echinata
- Pink Tip Seriatopora
- Tenuis Left Awakening
- Goldeye Chalice
- Rainbow Wilsoni
- Rainbow Supreme Lord
- Toxic splatter goniastrea

RecifAtHome (France)
- Galaxy Psammocora
- (fake) Kung Pow Monti
(hoping to get a few new pieces here next week)

Korallen Traum
- Yellow tabling acro
- Light Purple with yellow tip tabling acro

Others:
- oxide orange lashed zoa
- small red zoas came in on live rock
- blue camo favia
- cyan and yellow goniopora
- A blue and yellowish-green acro I really like.

So that's it I think. I probably need to get some fish now ;) But I'd like to get a torch from Recife next week and before the end of the year order some acros from Leonardo's Reef Laboratories in NL and some acros from Akvantika.

So far in this setup I have only lost a small Goni I got as a tester - I'm thinking the GSP got too close to it. I'm getting rid of the GHA (NO3 and PO4 are reading zero). The torch is splitting (now 2 mouths), the acros all look happy and the Forest Fire Digi is growing - that's the main thing ;)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back