Super easy and beautiful SPS to keep?

steventaylor702

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2013
Messages
282
Reaction score
38
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for some nice looking SPS that are pretty easy to keep and suggestions and if you can put pics also. I have a green birds nest right now and one other type of SPS that I'm not sure of in my tank now that are doing ok
 
I basically crashed my tank and my tyree lemonade never lost PE. So I would put it as easy/hardy.
 
Pretty much any montipora!
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1402516913.969724.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1402516984.903879.jpg
around a month of growth
 
I am pretty new to the SPS deal and have a pink birds nest with purple polyps that is doiing OK. I can post a pic later today when I get home.
 
i have a Candlelight acro that has been pretty hardy for me. some of my monti's have been pretty sensitive to alk swings but my candlelight has always has good polyp extension and been growing nicely. i had a Red Planet and an ORA Borealis not make it when i moved.
 
Pro Corals rainbow acro, ORA Red Planet, Blue Matrix acro, Battlecorals Space Ghost acro if you are looking for "named" acros. Otherwise I'd say start with montipora or stylophora.
 
I have a tank full of acros and my montiporas react faster to a swing than any of the acros. So weird.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new