Super easy and colorful corals for beginners

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t been is this hobby too long and my tank is I think about 6-7 weeks old. It is a 15 gallon and I am looking for some beautiful and colorful coral suggestions that are very hard to kill and beginner friendly. Here is what I have so far:
Fish
2x Baby ocellarus clowns
1x Baby possum wrasse

Inverts
1x Small skunk cleaner shrimp
5x Astrea snails
1x Bubble tip anemone
5x Nassarius snails
1x Tuxedo urchin

I do have a bit of a problem, my BTA likes to wander a bit, it will choose a new spot to sit every about 2 weeks however it has chosen a pretty comfy spot and I don’t think it will move at least not for a while. Will this be a problem?

mjszos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the anemone, depending on how wrathful, could lay waste to anything as it moves. But I wouldn’t stress too much if you are patient.

Coral selection depends on your lighting, flow, and budget. A great place to start is zoa’s as they’re quite hardy and come in a variety of colors/shapes, but be careful as some can grow quite rapidly.

I’m a big fan of the various star polyps as well. Can add a blast of color and some movement to a tank, but same as above some varieties grow like a weed.

I’m personally partial to mushrooms and euphyllia though (hammers, torches, Duncan’s, etc). Some can get pricey, and I haven’t personally experienced rapid growth. But as everyone says, nothing good in this hobby happens quickly.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 52.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.5%
Back