OP
Santiimari

Santiimari

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That notates an internal infection which will affect feeding. PraziPro is the cure for this.
you can try brine shrimp and flakes in the mean time
I already soak metro+focus on the food but he won’t eat enough for it to have an effect? The other clown poops normally now but we have still continued with medicated food both mysis and pellets. Should prazi be doses in the entire tank or soaked?

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already soak metro+focus on the food but he won’t eat enough for it to have an effect? The other clown poops normally now but we have still continued with medicated food both mysis and pellets. Should prazi be doses in the entire tank or soaked?

Prazi pro is for entire tank, not for soaking.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Prazi can be applied to tank. Dose at 80% of recommended. Safe for chaeto and snails, etc. Should tale about 3-5 days to take effect

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, picked up LRS Reef Frenzy and general cure this morning! Hope he gets more tempted into eating this...

Let me know if you have any questions about storing, preparing or feeding our foods! Thank you for giving them a try. If you have not seen this video it gives you a behind the scenes look at our business and the care that goes into every pack of LRS Foods.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
how is clown doing??

OP
OP
Santiimari

Santiimari

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how is clown doing??
We actually called up the store and he is back in their hands, to see if they can fatten him up (and they are doing treatment for the parasite issue), which is beyond what I would expect any fish store to do. They offered to replace the fish with any other clown in store of my choosing for free, but I was too sad to think about getting a new fish. It's pretty demoralizing to have a dead clown, and an almost dead clown, in your first few months of reefing.

Unfortunately I think I just got back luck with the fish I chose. The original orange clown has continued to be fat and happy this entire time, so I think I just got like, weak/sick clowns as partners :( We have walked through my setup, water quality, treatment process and pretty much any other thing we can think of that would cause this, and I don't think it's anything I am doing wrong. Still feeling pretty down though. Hope they call me back in a week with the news that our little guy pulled through. If he doesn't though, I'm gonna try and convince myself that I shouldn't be so dramatic and quit the hobby, lol.

Also, orange clown LOVES reef frenzy!

OP
OP
Santiimari

Santiimari

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know if you have any questions about storing, preparing or feeding our foods! Thank you for giving them a try. If you have not seen this video it gives you a behind the scenes look at our business and the care that goes into every pack of LRS Foods.

Thank you!!! My orange clown loves this stuff, and I asked if my usual fish store was looking into carrying it! :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back