Super thin c. brunneus

Schnizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F1FA9C0B-F49A-44C4-9F87-55525DED663D.jpeg I somehow overlooked how thin this guy was at the store due to my excitement of finding him. Got home and put him in the acclimation bucket and was shocked. I’m not calling him emaciated because he does move as much as expected considering I just got him. Trust me when I say beyond his head is skin and bones.

Any tips, tricks or OMG don’t do that’s?

I have PE mysis, brine shrimp, LRS fish frenzy, selcon and coral frenzy .5mm pellets. I also have some meds on hand but I don’t want to stress it too much if not needed.

QT tank-mates: c. lubbocki and c. aurantidorsalis who are both greedily eating. Have not seen this one eat yet.

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have other fish in QT with him that are aggressively eating he will probably be out competed for food. In his current condition I would recommend his own QT with food laced with GC to treat for internal parasites. Being that thin and not eating I would say you are behind the 8 ball. I think a low stress, competition free environment with meds should be a start.

kichimark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any way you can get some live black worms or brine shrimp? I have always found the live foods to be irresistible to any picky eater or fish who has been malnourished.

OP
OP
Schnizzle

Schnizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll work on setting something up for him alone. In the mean time I’ll mix some GC with frozen brine and call around for some live foods. Thanks!

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll work on setting something up for him alone. In the mean time I’ll mix some GC with frozen brine and call around for some live foods. Thanks!

Try to use Garlic guard or something to mask the taste of the meds and don’t forget to use Focus as the binding agent.

OP
OP
Schnizzle

Schnizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He kicked the bucket already. On a positive note the other two are doing great. Just waiting to hear from the LFS about a replacement.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back