Supplement mp40

muggle0981

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
1,439
Reaction score
819
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got ride of my jebao scp 150 gyre-it was dying out

Replaced with one mp40 no-tsnk is 180g mixed reef with intention start with 1 mp40 and go from there


Looking to add something to the other side-debating just go with another mp40, another type of powerhead


So far happy with the flow vs the gyre-seems like tank flow is a lil more random


Suggestions from all the experienced reefers
 
I ran 4 Mp40s in my 72x24x24180 two on each end. I have five mp40s and two scp 150 gyres in my 84x30x25 that I moved to.

EDIT : maybe add a second and run them on opposite ends. Should be able to get some back and flow motion if you set them up alternating.
 
A Sea Sweep with a Tunze powerhead would work well on the other end of your 180 and compliment your mp.
I run 2 on my 60×30×21 and there are no dead spots. The Tunze power cord runs through the Sweep also.
Plus you wont need 4+ powerheads with the sweep to achieve proper flow.
20240522_140910.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new