Supplemental/Additional Lighting on 75G tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter akito
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

akito

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2023
Messages
9
Reaction score
7
Location
Toronto
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning,
I currently have a 75g with x2 AI Hydra 26HD's for lighting using the HMS rails (see below pic.) I was thinking of adding some lighting in order to get the corners/sides/back of the tank a bit more lighting. I could get another AI 26hd put it in the middle of the tank and maybe change the orientation of the lights. This would have the advantage of being able to continue the current schedule and uses the HMS mount. Cost aprox $200-250 for a used unit
I also have a 48" T5HO two lamp setup from years ago when the tank housed fresh water. It's not dimmable and I would have to figure out how to mount it raised off the tank (it used to just sit on the rim.) Advantage would be getting the back and corners of the tank well lit. Disadvantage is that this unit doesn't dim. I would hook it up to my hydros with a simple on/schedule probably for peak hours during the day. I would need to figure out the mounting and new bulbs would be around $70.
The tank is about 1.5 years old. In hindsight I probably would have setup my rockscape different with less space in the back.

PXL_20240311_205637226.MP.jpg
 
The t5s will be a great option with blue + bulbs. Corals love t5s and they don't care if it dims.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new