supplemental light options fluval flex

Jpiotro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, im looking to add a second light to my stock one under the hood of my flex 32.5. for supplemental fill. I am looking for some more coral color pop. right now they don't really fluoresce since I have to have the white turned up to like 65%. Would It be sufficient to add a second fluval light under the hood? I would like to keep the hood if possible.

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone, im looking to add a second light to my stock one under the hood of my flex 32.5. for supplemental fill. I am looking for some more coral color pop. right now they don't really fluoresce since I have to have the white turned up to like 65%. Would It be sufficient to add a second fluval light under the hood? I would like to keep the hood if possible.
I think you could probably modify the hood to accommodate 2 lights, and getting a second Fluval and dialing them in for a more blue spectrum might give you the color your looking for. Your mileage may vary. . .

OP
OP
J

Jpiotro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you could probably modify the hood to accommodate 2 lights, and getting a second Fluval and dialing them in for a more blue spectrum might give you the color your looking for. Your mileage may vary. . .
I believe my tank came with brackets for a second one.

paragrouper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe my tank came with brackets for a second one.
It does and you can order a second Marine 3.0 from Fluval (make sure you order the power adapter too).

I did and it did not measurably improve the color—although all LPS and softies are growing well.

I am nearly done with a new canopy that is elevated, which gives me sufficient space for the Orphek OR3 light bars I ordered. I will soon, hopefully this weekend, find out if it was worth the expense.

OP
OP
J

Jpiotro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does and you can order a second Marine 3.0 from Fluval (make sure you order the power adapter too).

I did and it did not measurably improve the color—although all LPS and softies are growing well.

I am nearly done with a new canopy that is elevated, which gives me sufficient space for the Orphek OR3 light bars I ordered. I will soon, hopefully this weekend, find out if it was worth the expense.
i’m almost wonde

OP
OP
J

Jpiotro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

im almost wondering if I should just get 2 hydra 16s

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Just curious, did you alter the color temperature/color ratios when you added the second light, or were you just running the same settings for more total par?

paragrouper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im almost wondering if I should just get 2 hydra 16s
It’s worth considering, you just have to sort out the hood. if you search for the Fluval Flex on this forum, you will see a number of examples of how others tackled the lighting.

My wife is light sensitive, so I’m sticking with a canopy.

547BB9B7-B6F6-4DD9-862F-A38012212E5C.jpeg

OP
OP
J

Jpiotro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s worth considering, you just have to sort out the hood. if you search for the Fluval Flex on this forum, you will see a number of examples of how others tackled the lighting.

My wife is light sensitive, so I’m sticking with a canopy.

547BB9B7-B6F6-4DD9-862F-A38012212E5C.jpeg
thank you, love your custom hood setup!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back