Supporting Mermaids and Rising Tide: Do you contribute to any marine conservation organizations?

Do you contribute to any marine conservation organizations?

• I regularly support marine conservation organizations.

Votes: 37 21.3%
  • I occasionally support marine conservation organizations.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I have supported marine conservation organizations in the past.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I have not in the past, but am open to supporting marine conservation organizations in the future.

Votes: 73 42.0%
  • I am not interested in supporting marine conservation organizations.

Votes: 16 9.2%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There are many marine conservation organizations that could use our money and/or our time to help them accomplish their mission. If you do not regularly give, what are some things that you would tell these organizations that would make you more willing to offer your support? Please share your thoughts in the thread below.

Although this is by no means an exhaustive list, if you are interested in making an impact please consider how you could help the following organizations:

Check out this July 2022 news update about Mermaids and reef restoration in south Florida:

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the boat that I selected Not Interested because it is closest to my current views. I do support conservation ideals, but prefer focusing on terrestrial efforts the last 5ish years. I was out hiking near my home and came across something called a Louisiana Pine Snake and learned about them and I had to focus on that.

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the "no" camp because even though I'm all for marine conservation, I know enough about politics and human nature to know any money I donate will likely be squandered on something completely unrelated to marine conservation. I'd rather do my own legwork.

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Transparency is key. An open ledger showing financial contributions and how that money is spent that is readily open and available for public viewing and scrutiny via a website would go a long way with me. I am generally skeptical of how much of my money is used for the causes any charitable organization claims and how much is pocketed.

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually donate to those in my backyard. Aquarium of the Pacific has been on the front line of seal rehabilitation and conservation on the So. Cal coast as long as I can remember. Years of seeing my buddies (seals) when I had my sailboat was worth it.
did a night dive there 6-8 years back. like going to an aquarium - only better

enjoy Roatan!
Heading back in November, planning a dive then. Crashing at a family friends house here on the island. Went snorkeling Monday on west end, it's like staring at my aquarium @ home. The cost to buy beachfront is stupid cheap... Seriously considering retirement here (part time).

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a collection cup at each of our till points for the Great Barrier Reef Foundation. Very important to me to know we are doing even just a little to help.

Kmst80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Am in the no category, I won't donate.
I rather educate myself and try to pass the bug to people around me about how to change myself so my footprint on the planet is the least it can be.
Donating to me is the easy way out, spend some money and it will all be good. We all Need to change our selfs rather than throw money at the problem.

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The easiest way to support marine conservation is to purchase a saltwater fishing license in whatever state or country you are visiting and fishing in!

In recent years I have had the privilege to purchase saltwater fishing licenses in Alaska, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina and South Carolina!

Julbra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mission Blue, they create Hope Spots, marine protected areas, around the world’s oceans.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many marine conservation organizations that could use our money and/or our time to help them accomplish their mission. If you do not regularly give, what are some things that you would tell these organizations that would make you more willing to offer your support? Please share your thoughts in the thread below.

Although this is by no means an exhaustive list, if you are interested in making an impact please consider how you could help the following organizations:

Check out this July 2022 news update about Mermaids and reef restoration in south Florida:

I do! Roatan Marine Park in Honduras......they have a excellent marine conservation park there, along with a really good coral restoration program.

The second one is the Sea Turtle conservation program in the Yucatan Peninsula Mexico. Along with donations, I volunteer to go down and collect Turtles eggs with the Conservation team, and in October I go down and release hatched baby Turtles back into the ocean.

Protecting our oceans is a very worthwhile cause in my humble opinion! :D

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The easiest way to support marine conservation is to purchase a saltwater fishing license in whatever state or country you are visiting and fishing in!

In recent years I have had the privilege to purchase saltwater fishing licenses in Alaska, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina and South Carolina!
This^.

I've worked in Freshwater/Marine fisheries government organizations for 30 years.

I have a Vermont and Rhode Island fishing license currently.

I just got back from a saltwater adventure, this striped bass is a success story from being severely overharvested in the 70's and 80's.
IMG_20220915_175148.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back