"SUPRISE UPGRADE" Waterbox 220

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If the total volume is over 180g does it still count lol if not mods please move the thread to the appropriate spot :)

Here is the link to our first build page...

While we have been looking to get a new sump for our 75g, we have also been putting feelers out for new or used tanks for a good price.

Well today was quite the SUPRISE UPGRADE we were not expecting!

We got a message from one of our local reef stores that a customer wanted to get rid of a tank and as quickly as possible....like by MONDAY quick!!

After contacting the owner and meeting up today to look at the tank, I can happily say we are picking up a new to us WB 220 bundle.

The tank is only about 6 months old and it includes everything in the pictures. Whole apex system, dose, trident, lights, mp40qd, 4k gyre, skimmer, roller, reactor, fuge light, plus 2-50g water tubs for the mixing station. No scratches or nicks that I could see. He said the warranty followed the tank (not sure if thats valid) and gave us the receipt as well.

I spent the last 5 hours reinforcing the floor to handle the 1800+lbs.

We would love suggestions on transferring the tanks from house to house or anything really!

As of now we are going to rent a uhaul 10' van and the kids from the LFS where it was purchased are going to help load and unload it as they have been servicing it and know the tank, This will be a huge help ;)

So any tips for strapping it down safely or keeping the silicone wet or anything else lol

We will also be going bare bottom so just transferring what we have from our 75g and 32g into the 220, so we shouldn't have too bad of an acclimation.

We will only be keeping the rockwork from the new tank as the livestock will be going to the LFS for some compensation for their help with the move.

There is so much I'm missing and would love to know hahaha

Thanks in advance and we will post an update with it in the house monday!!

IMG_6507.jpg IMG_6201.jpg IMG_6231.jpg IMG_6232.jpg IMG_6914.jpg 20200912_104318.jpg

Last edited:

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the total volume is over 180g does it still count lol if not mods please move the thread to the appropriate spot :)

While we have been looking to get a new sump for our 75g, we have also been putting feelers out for new or used tanks for a good price.

Well today was quite the SUPRISE UPGRADE we were not expecting!

We got a message from one of our local reef stores that a customer wanted to get rid of a tank and as quickly as possible....like by MONDAY quick!!

After contacting the owner and meeting up today to look at the tank, I can happily say we are picking up a new to us WB 220 bundle.

The tank is only about 6 months old and it includes everything in the pictures. Whole apex system, dose, trident, lights, mp40qd, 4k gyre, skimmer, roller, reactor, fuge light, plus 2-50g water tubs for the mixing station. No scratches or nicks that I could see. He said the warranty followed the tank (not sure if thats valid) and gave us the receipt as well.

I spent the last 5 hours reinforcing the floor to handle the 1800+lbs.

We would love suggestions on transferring the tanks from house to house or anything really!

As of now we are going to rent a uhaul 10' van and the kids from the LFS where it was purchased are going to help load and unload it as they have been servicing it and know the tank, This will be a huge help ;)

So any tips for strapping it down safely or keeping the silicone wet or anything else lol

We will also be going bare bottom so just transferring what we have from our 75g and 32g into the 220, so we shouldn't have too bad of an acclimation.

We will only be keeping the rockwork from the new tank as the livestock will be going to the LFS for some compensation for their help with the move.

There is so much I'm missing and would love to know hahaha

Thanks in advance and we will post an update with it in the house monday!!

IMG_6507.jpg IMG_6201.jpg IMG_6231.jpg IMG_6232.jpg IMG_6914.jpg 20200912_104318.jpg
Excited for the build!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
nice score!!! foam insulation board for under tank !!and protecting stand/tank from scratches ,while moving,lots of towels to wrap up eq,and to wet to keep rock wet ;) coming along for the ride,this is going to be cool!!have fun take pics before take down of anything may need to know to reset up:)

OP
OP
MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi
Pretty sure, some like me want to know how much was it. Nice set up!
I believe we fell into some sort of alternate universe!!

The owner wanted out and due to some kid issues and having to repair some carpet the tank needed to be gone like yesterday.

$2500 is what we were able to pick it up for.

The man was more than kind and generous as we thought we would only be getting the tank, stand, sump and ATO. Our new best friend hahaha

OP
OP
MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
nice score!!! foam insulation board for under tank !!and protecting stand/tank from scratches ,while moving,lots of towels to wrap up eq,and to wet to keep rock wet ;) coming along for the ride,this is going to be cool!!have fun take pics before take down of anything may need to know to reset up:)
Insulation board thats a really good idea!!!

Definitely going to take pics of everything so I can remember lol. My memory is absolutely terrible now hah

OP
OP
MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
will you even sleep tonight:p
Spent about 5 hours reinforcing the floor where it is going to go so I hope that helped enough to put me to sleep hahah

Now tomorrow night knowing it comes home the next day may be a bit difficult!

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi
I believe we fell into some sort of alternate universe!!

The owner wanted out and due to some kid issues and having to repair some carpet the tank needed to be gone like yesterday.

$2500 is what we were able to pick it up for.

The man was more than kind and generous as we thought we would only be getting the tank, stand, sump and ATO. Our new best friend hahaha
Holy molly! Super deal!

OP
OP
MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok so heres the morning update...

Took about 2 hours to get everything broken down and packed up. There were 6 of us there and the owner of the reef shop was a huge help...paid of course hahah

Then it took the rest of the day unloading and cleaning everything.

This is where I asked a 3 kids that work for me to help out and threw them some cash to lift the tank inside with me.

Mush easier than we anticipated with the use of suction cups!

We have all of the coral and fish in the ATO while the water and rocks in the tank warm up. We still have about 150# of rock to clean that we will add slowly after we get all the hair algea off of it lol

All in all I feel it went really well and today and tomorrow I will tackle the sump and plumbing.

Here are some photos and more will come!

Screenshot_20200915-075843_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200915-075902_Gallery.jpg 20200914_181821.jpg 20200914_202702.jpg

Last edited:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back