OP
OP
Surfzone

Surfzone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would seem that my xr15 pro went out this morning.when when I connect the wire from the power supply to the light it flashes red for a second then nothing. Kaput. I spent the first few hours of the day playing with it thinking something was wrong with the Apex wxm modual but it seems to be working fine. I also tried other plugs to see if the plug on the power strip was bad but it checks out good.I may have to contact Ecotech to see if there is something that they can do. Good thing I have a spare Kessil A360 around with a goose neck.

OP
OP
Surfzone

Surfzone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to the LFS today and found someone for some algae control.
DSC00793.jpg

OP
OP
Surfzone

Surfzone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Placed an order with battlecorals yesterday and got a box from fed ex today here is what came in from battlecorals
0115200953.jpg
more pics soon once I get out my camera and let them settle in a bit.

OP
OP
Surfzone

Surfzone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics as promised thanks to @Battlecorals for the awesome box. it cam it well packed, warm, and I can't wait to place another order with you. you have a few pices that are must haves for me and my tank ie. Pink Lemonade and Paletta pink tip to name a few.
BC JAN 2020 (2).JPG

BC Horrida
BC HORIDA JAN 2020 (2).JPG

shades of fall
SHADES OF FALL JAN 2020 (2).JPG

Fox Flame
FOX FLAME JAN 2020 (2).JPG

Heart and Soul
HEART AND SOUL JAN 2020 (2).JPG

Bi Color Table
BC BI COLOR TABLE JAN 2020 (3).JPG

PC Rainbow this is the 2nd frag of PC rainbow that I've received. The first came from WWC
PC RAINBOW JAN 2020 (2).JPG

Last edited:

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you dosing anything? You’re gonna have to dose to keep up with those acro’s. They grow pretty quick and munch up calcium! :)

OP
OP
Surfzone

Surfzone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you dosing anything? You’re gonna have to dose to keep up with those acro’s. They grow pretty quick and munch up calcium! :)
Calcium Reactor it keeping my Alk at 8.5 Calcium at 420 to 450. These are also not the first sps to go into the tank. One thing that I have added is a T. Squamosa which is taking up a lot of Calcium and Alk. I have a list of a few more acros that I want:
ORA Hawkins Echinata
Paletta Pinktip
Oregon Tort
Tyree Red Dragon
ORA Pearlberry
Pink Lemonade

That names my must haves and I will call this tank stocked coral wise and will just let it grow.

Right now I still havn't heard from EcoTech about my light so I'm going to be reaching out to them again about why my light has seeming quit. So as of now my tank is lit with a Kessil A360 which I may keep. I'm actually getting higher par from that light than I was with the Radion AB+ setting.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calcium Reactor it keeping my Alk at 8.5 Calcium at 420 to 450. These are also not the first sps to go into the tank. One thing that I have added is a T. Squamosa which is taking up a lot of Calcium and Alk. I have a list of a few more acros that I want:
ORA Hawkins Echinata
Paletta Pinktip
Oregon Tort
Tyree Red Dragon
ORA Pearlberry
Pink Lemonade

That names my must haves and I will call this tank stocked coral wise and will just let it grow.

Right now I still havn't heard from EcoTech about my light so I'm going to be reaching out to them again about why my light has seeming quit. So as of now my tank is lit with a Kessil A360 which I may keep. I'm actually getting higher par from that light than I was with the Radion AB+ setting.
Just remember that your tank is still pretty new. I wouldn’t drop any higher end sticks in the tank for a few months after monitoring the other ones. The radion has more output than the kessil. The radions AB isn’t a par rich setting in that it has pretty low whites. The whites is where most ecotech/ai/kessil lights get their punch. The kessil are VERY heavy on the whites giving them that extra punch. If you up the whites on the radion, it will surpass the kessil ;)

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ORA Hawkins Echinata
Paletta Pinktip
Oregon Tort
Tyree Red Dragon
ORA Pearlberry
Pink Lemonade

Call them up! Their customer service helped me out and had a replacement dry side sent out the same day when my mp10 started making noise

OP
OP
Surfzone

Surfzone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my Radion back from EcoTech today. I'm in the process of getting it set up on the tank. I also think I'm getting an outbreak of dinos. Guess it's time to order some waist away to treat the tank. I also tested my NO3 and PO4 today and got a NO3 of 64 on Red Sea and a PO4 of 0.06 on Hanna. i know that nitrates are high, I'm going to start feeding less to combat this. I'm happy with PO4 level of 0.06 and don't want to impact that too much.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my Radion back from EcoTech today. I'm in the process of getting it set up on the tank. I also think I'm getting an outbreak of dinos. Guess it's time to order some waist away to treat the tank. I also tested my NO3 and PO4 today and got a NO3 of 64 on Red Sea and a PO4 of 0.06 on Hanna. i know that nitrates are high, I'm going to start feeding less to combat this. I'm happy with PO4 level of 0.06 and don't want to impact that too much.
That is pretty high. You might have other issues than overfeeding. Where did you get the rocks from?

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I got dry rock from the lfs and it has been leaching nitrates for years that I can’t keep below 10-15ppm. I’m gonna try a biopellet reactor or a scrubber as soon as I figure out how control myself in the coral isle LOL
My rock is the dry rock from Carib Sea

OP
OP
Surfzone

Surfzone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did some manual testing today mostly for Nitrates and Phosphates and found

No3 - 16 Red Sea
PO4 - 0.02 Hanna ulr

Alk - 7.9 Hanna
Ca - 445 Red Sea
Mg - 1560 Red Sea

I'm trying to lower my alk now that my NO3 and PO4 are droping I think the lower No3 and PO4 is from feeding less. Rather than a whole cube I'm feeding half of that throughout the day. I haven't done a water change since the Dinos showed up, and started dosing Waste Away on Monday. Waste Away is also suposed to lower NO3 and PO4, but not after two doses I would think. The bottle calls for 10 ml per 10 gallons every 48 hours and since my system volume is 30 gallons I should be dosing 30 ml every other day. The bottle also says to start with half dose so that's what I'm doing. I haven't seen a dent in the Dinos yet but I'm not expecting an over night solution to this problem either. However, it doesn't look to be getting worse.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you’re supposed to dose that stuff till the dinos are gone? Anyway I don’t see an issue with your alk. Phosphates however are way too low... that will just encourage Dino growth
I did some manual testing today mostly for Nitrates and Phosphates and found

No3 - 16 Red Sea
PO4 - 0.02 Hanna ulr

Alk - 7.9 Hanna
Ca - 445 Red Sea
Mg - 1560 Red Sea

I'm trying to lower my alk now that my NO3 and PO4 are droping I think the lower No3 and PO4 is from feeding less. Rather than a whole cube I'm feeding half of that throughout the day. I haven't done a water change since the Dinos showed up, and started dosing Waste Away on Monday. Waste Away is also suposed to lower NO3 and PO4, but not after two doses I would think. The bottle calls for 10 ml per 10 gallons every 48 hours and since my system volume is 30 gallons I should be dosing 30 ml every other day. The bottle also says to start with half dose so that's what I'm doing. I haven't seen a dent in the Dinos yet but I'm not expecting an over night solution to this problem either. However, it doesn't look to be getting worse.

OP
OP
Surfzone

Surfzone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you’re supposed to dose that stuff till the dinos are gone? Anyway I don’t see an issue with your alk. Phosphates however are way too low... that will just encourage Dino growth

Yes you're correct, dose until the dinos are gone. I have used this method before on a different tank with success in about 3 weeks. PO4 is too low for my liking too. I would rather 0.05 to 0.10. So do you think I should feed more even though it will not get eaten, or should I turn off the skimmer for a few hours a day?

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you're correct, dose until the dinos are gone. I have used this method before on a different tank with success in about 3 weeks. PO4 is too low for my liking too. I would rather 0.05 to 0.10. So do you think I should feed more even though it will not get eaten, or should I turn off the skimmer for a few hours a day?
Are you exporting with gfo?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back