Surprise surprise

dgiglio3087

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at what my tank gave me over this past weekend!!

03-06-1254-1.jpg

That's right it's a stick fish lol
J/k my cardinal finally release some of the babies!!! That first pic was the first one I found when I got home friday! I was soo excited! You would've thought my first child was born lol I was up all night friday catching them as he released them. So by the end of Saturday night i had about 10 alive and eating b.b.s. And 2 that (drowned) died in my filter sock.

03-06-123-1.jpg

He's still holding about 20-40 in his mouth but for whatever reason he isn't letting go of them. From what I've read they say once you see fully developed fish in his mouth you can force him to spit them all out at once by catching him and opening his mouth. That isn't an option for me since to catch him I'll end up destroying all my sps and rock work. And since I'll be moving to my new house soon, ill be breaking down my tank anyways, I'll be Puting my cardinals (the breeding pair) and a breeding tank that way I can catch them easily. Anyone have any tips on how I can get him to spit them out?

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool pictures and an amazing surprise. Congratulations!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow this is so awesome congrats!

OP
OP
dgiglio3087

dgiglio3087

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The article in this magazine should have the info you need. http://www.reefhobbyistmagazine.com/downloads/pdf/version8.pdf

Congrats on the babies! What are the specs of your grow out tank? Are you feeding enriched BBS or just BBS?

Hey thanks for sharing that article with me, im always looking for more information breeding. This is the first time he's carried them to the point of release so to speak, so I don't currently have a grow out tank setup. Their just in a breeders net in my display (for now). But I do plan to move them to a grow out tank once they get a little larger. I'm currently in the process of moving and when I get to my new house I'll be setting up some kind of grow out tanks /breeding tanks. But any pointers would help?.?.?
Also thanks to everyone for looking

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome! Good luck with them... :bigsmile:

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.9%
Back