OP
OP
E

Elrond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the information, I will keep checking to see how it develops and post more pictures tomorrow

OP
OP
E

Elrond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what the heck it is that she has Jay, the white spots are all gone but those spots that look like sores are still on her one side

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what the heck it is that she has Jay, the white spots are all gone but those spots that look like sores are still on her one side
Can you get more pics tomorrow?
Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thank you for the information, I will keep checking to see how it develops and post more pictures tomorrow
I agree on mucus plug and hypo wont do much. Continue to work with Jay on this

OP
OP
E

Elrond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the clearest I could get, Its possible there are a couple tiny spots on the sailfins tail they may have been there before though. I've been doing daily 15 percent water changes

OP
OP
E

Elrond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay
One thing I should say, because I have a puffer and a Huma I feed alot of raw clam and mysis which my the tangs go for and eat like crazy, the Hippo won't really eat the nori I put in every day I rotate between red and green the other fish eat it though. The only veggie she gets in her diet are some flake and pellet I feed Omega pellets and Sera veggie flake I always give that first so they will be more inclined to eat it. And I feed the frozen emerald entree she eats that too.

OP
OP
E

Elrond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay
I had been dropping salinity Thursday and Friday I did 10 percent water changes of RODI with no salt added I had it down to 1.017 but after we had talked about it being plugs and because she had no white spots when I came home Friday night I started raising the salinity again, Saturday night last night I did another 10 percent water change with mixing salt and now there's white spots all over her again this morning. Only good part is my nitrates are almost down to zero because of all the water changes. She's very active and eating a lot, was it ich and came back because of raising the salinity again so you think?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had been dropping salinity Thursday and Friday I did 10 percent water changes of RODI with no salt added I had it down to 1.017 but after we had talked about it being plugs and because she had no white spots when I came home Friday night I started raising the salinity again, Saturday night last night I did another 10 percent water change with mixing salt and now there's white spots all over her again this morning. Only good part is my nitrates are almost down to zero because of all the water changes. She's very active and eating a lot, was it ich and came back because of raising the salinity again so you think?

Sorry - I didn't see your videos until this morning, I must have missed them!

Hepatus tangs often refuse plant material in their diets, that isn't a huge issue.

Those spots are mucus plugs, I didn't see any ich mixed in with them. Hepatus tangs are prone to this when stressed (but ich can be the stress that causes them!).

I did see that the margins of this fish's fins are scalloped/eroded. How long have they been like that? It looks like one of the other fish have been nipping at them, but damaged fins like this can also have diet/environmental causes.

Jay

OP
OP
E

Elrond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She insists on jamming herself behind the intake for the f6 I have running, she sleeps back there too pressed to right up against it. There's very little aggression in the tank I've never seen her nipped at just little squabbling over food but nothing else

OP
OP
E

Elrond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry - I didn't see your videos until this morning, I must have missed them!

Hepatus tangs often refuse plant material in their diets, that isn't a huge issue.

Those spots are mucus plugs, I didn't see any ich mixed in with them. Hepatus tangs are prone to this when stressed (but ich can be the stress that causes them!).

I did see that the margins of this fish's fins are scalloped/eroded. How long have they been like that? It looks like one of the other fish have been nipping at them, but damaged fins like this can also have diet/environmental causes.

Jay
That's a relief it's not Ich, I think maybe my water quality hasn't been good enough since I've been doing all these water changes the tangs haven't been hiding or seemed as skittish and the fish have all seemed to have grown noticeably and are eating more

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back