Suspected stalled cycle, verify my test results please

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is neat charted info then. Its amazing these cycling charts land it so well, there's a universal link in systems among cycles even though different homes, different locations, fascinating yep.

I never held it against charters of the 1900's or whenever those charts were made that they didn't make distinctions for bottle bac added, or natural cycles that get free bac from the surroundings but with longer wait time etc, they did darn well given the tools and scope of the day thats for sure. at least for ammonia its a very tight range compliance group, very very reliable that by day ten any weird stew we all create will leave slicks down on surfaces. old-old school cycling got some things very very right, when applied to freshwater self-compliance systems then the nitrite is the most important variable on the whole chart.

in freshwater, it burns more than the ammonia. fascinating.

Last edited:
OP
OP
David M.

David M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great update today, I added a purple firefish on 10/21 (Last Thurs) and it's been active, eating and colored up beautifully. After that success I added a Magnificent Foxface yesterday + a small montipora frag to test the waters in terms of coral. These will be my last additions for quite some time as I want to monitor long term health of what's currently in the tank before adding anything else.

Last edited:

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kirby I went back and re read, your update 100% meets every marker we use in our study threads, much appreciated! linking now

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back