suspension growing

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been doing some reading.Scarey I know.I was wondering if anyone has tried this.It is called suspension growing.Mainly for sps corals.It says tha they will grow better and faster due to the coral being suspended and getting good water flow on all sides of the coral.This is directed to propagation more than personal tank use.It also says to use a bright sand bed to reflect light to the bottom side of the coral.I plan to try this in our propagation tub and see what happens.Has anyone ever tried this?

fenderguy1

Prop/Shipping Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read an article on that too. Seemed like a neat idea. It dosent look very goodin a dt , but in a prop system i bet it would be cool.

OP
OP
jason.tammy

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am gona give a try in the prop. tank and see what happens.Makes pretty good sense to me.The only problem I for see is that there will be coral growth 360 and fragging will be fun,but it should produce more frags this way.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a friend of mine swears by it..... it's definatly a sight to see when you see his tank and he's got a bunch of sps floating from fishing strings in the tank.... i wish i could fish for sps lol....;)

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recall seeing an article about it by Anthony Calfo some years ago. The article might have been published on Reefkeeping online mangazine.

Dasani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try it with that California Blue Tort Acro (I think that's what you said it was called) that you had in your Lagoon. I would love to have have a frag of that in my 40B in a couple of months. I may need to try it if it works. My SPS are looking pretty bad cause of having no light for 5 days... stupid JBJ bulb.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back