Sustaining a newly-cycled unstocked tank?

Lylelovett

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2018
Messages
439
Reaction score
224
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I did a fishless tank cycle and am getting some nice diatom growth.

I am going to wait until after the first of the year to stock my tank, but obviously want to keep the cycle going. I'm assuming I need to continue to add some ammonia every so often to keep it going?

Has anyone done this? How often and how much ammonia should I add?

I appreciate any expertise you can lend,
J
 
Yes! I'm excited about the diatoms! :)



I have a 150gal tank... any idea of how much I should drop in there?

Since there isn't any bioload right now, a pinch will do broadcasted around the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new