View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Clown playing dead up in the lonely nem
20230329_162445.jpg

And a little Follow the Leader.
20230329_162639.jpg

@SaltyT , the lightening scales on this guy's sides, just part of him transitioning into a grownup?
20230329_162654.jpg

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown playing dead up in the lonely nem
20230329_162445.jpg

And a little Follow the Leader.
20230329_162639.jpg

@SaltyT , the lightening scales on this guy's sides, just part of him transitioning into a grownup?
20230329_162654.jpg
Looks like abrasions or something bacterial going on :(

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Do you have coarse sand?
There is a lot of crushed coral in the substrate.
I'll get the real camera out later when I get home. I've noticed the lighter coloring for probably 6+ months, probably longer?
Now that I've pointed it out and I'll get good photos tonight, I'll be able to see if things change or get worse.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a lot of crushed coral in the substrate.
I'll get the real camera out later when I get home. I've noticed the lighter coloring for probably 6+ months, probably longer?
Now that I've pointed it out and I'll get good photos tonight, I'll be able to see if things change or get worse.
Ah the crushed coral is giving him those abrasions. He may always show abrasions to some extent sleeping in crushed coral. His yellow coloration makes it more noticeable. You must have really good water quality if he's had those that long without developing a bacterial infection. Keep up the great water quality and diet!

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ah the crushed coral is giving him those abrasions. He may always show abrasions to some extent sleeping in crushed coral. His yellow coloration makes it more noticeable. You must have really good water quality if he's had those that long without developing a bacterial infection. Keep up the great water quality and diet!
I'll still see if I can get some better photos when I get home. I did look closely, didn't see any missing or lifted scales when I was taking these. Hoping that's all it is. Thanks!

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

Well, apparently I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. Looks like I'll have to contact Maxspect.
20230331_161340.jpg

While I was messing around with the light settings to get clear shots of Goldfinger, and I saw a spark in the center of the light. Now the white LEDs in the 2 left blocks won't turn on at all, and the right 4 lights, the whites won't turn off, regardless of moving them to 0%. I've left the light unplugged since Friday. Now that I've found that this is a fairly common problem, hopefully I shouldn't have too difficult of a time fixing it. I hope.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well, apparently I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. Looks like I'll have to contact Maxspect.
20230331_161340.jpg

While I was messing around with the light settings to get clear shots of Goldfinger, and I saw a spark in the center of the light. Now the white LEDs in the 2 left blocks won't turn on at all, and the right 4 lights, the whites won't turn off, regardless of moving them to 0%. I've left the light unplugged since Friday. Now that I've found that this is a fairly common problem, hopefully I shouldn't have too difficult of a time fixing it. I hope.
I hope your able to get a good response from maxspect

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am obsessed with the shape of your tank! The depth seems like a pain probably for maintenance, but it really does look so nice!
I think there are more pros than cons in a deep tank. You get tons of more room for rock scape space and structure plenty of spacing between glass and more room for fish and coral placement on the floor of the tank. Only con at least in my eyes is that it’s a little tricker to get flow evenly and maintenance over all.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think there are more pros than cons in a deep tank. You get tons of more room for rock scape space and structure plenty of spacing between glass and more room for fish and coral placement on the floor of the tank. Only con at least in my eyes is that it’s a little tricker to get flow evenly and maintenance over all.
From top to bottom and placement of rock. Deeper tank care very nice for mixing a reef up.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back