Swapping out dissolving MarinePure?

Simply__J

@MoriReef45
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for ideas on how to swap out my dissolving MarinePure spheres, blocks, and rubble.

Purchased some Nano-Tech Bio-Spheres to replace the marinepure which pretty much crumbles to the touch. I have a very loose idea of how to go about it but was hoping to get some tips and advice from any member who has done this before or knows how to. Thanks.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe use a strainer or something similar?
I have a marine pure block I’ve used for about 3 years now and it’s in perfect shape..
how long have you had yours?

ArnoldosAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for ideas on how to swap out my dissolving MarinePure spheres, blocks, and rubble.

Purchased some Nano-Tech Bio-Spheres to replace the marinepure which pretty much crumbles to the touch. I have a very loose idea of how to go about it but was hoping to get some tips and advice from any member who has done this before or knows how to. Thanks.

The big issue is doing this without crashing the tank. I’d personally put the
spheres in for 4 weeks minimum before removing the block. In the meantime, consider getting a mesh bag and slowly covering the block with it, then give it a quick flip.

OP
OP
Simply__J

Simply__J

@MoriReef45
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got around to swapping the marinepure for the bio-spheres. I placed all the old marinepure in one big mesh bag and kept it in the sump. Trying to contain as much of the dust/particles in one place. I've been adding a few of the new bio-spheres weekly in separate smaller mesh bags. As I add them I remove a little bit of the old stuff that's disintegrating as you can see below.
20200227_215503.jpg
20200227_215535.jpg
20200227_215552.jpg

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^^^ Yeah that is not good, I have noticed that one of mine did that too, do you have a link to what you will change to?

OP
OP
Simply__J

Simply__J

@MoriReef45
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^^^ Yeah that is not good, I have noticed that one of mine did that too, do you have a link to what you will change to?

Switching the marinepure stuff out for the above. Although the spheres were in bad shape I found the bricks to be in the worse condition. So I've kept the deteriating spheres in a mesh back until the transition is over as to not shock the system.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back