Sweet Direct Natural Sunlight Acan Pics!!!

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
2,819
Reaction score
128
Location
Madison, WI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatup Reef2Reef!

I took these pics while moving warehouses. The one we moved to was right across the parking lot. While my friends carried these corals over, I snapped some quick natural sunlight pics in only 2" of water. You don't see direct natural sunlight pics often :xd:

Enjoy!!!!

5-9-2011-017_edited-1.jpg


This one wasnt open but you can see the skeleton growing on the acrylic. I've had this piece for over 18 months and never cut it. I got it as just 3 polyps.
5-9-2011-021_edited-1.jpg


5-9-2011-022_edited-1.jpg


5-9-2011-018_edited-1.jpg


5-9-2011-019_edited-1.jpg


5-9-2011-020_edited-1.jpg



It was pretty cold out and they were only in a few gallons of water so I made it quick :wink:
 
Very nice Kris! love how much the sunlight really just highlights the details- also like how it shows how orange 'natural' light really is, nowhere near the 10k we've all come to associate with natural
 
Thanks guys :) I will get some pics of the setup eventually lol when everything is organized and cleaned up. I really like the colors under the natural light but its not like these color pigments are adapted to the natural sunlight. I wonder how much they would change if just given natural sun. I can't wait til I have a greenhouse :)
 
nice pics
i sometimes cut or observe new corals in my large bay window - and i have always found it cool how they look in natural light
 
nice pics
i sometimes cut or observe new corals in my large bay window - and i have always found it cool how they look in natural light

Thank you! I also think natural sunlight has healing properties for the corals. Something about the real-thing sun. So much fake sun nowadays lol.
 
nice ya just can't beat the sun ;)
 
Wow, nothing like natural sunlight to bring out the reds and oranges!
 
Thanks everyone! Anyone else got any direct natural sunlight pics feel free to post them. I'm gonna have to bring some more acans outside to photograph soon :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new