OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks to @Charlie’s Frags for the history of the RR Angry Birds & RRU Angry Birds. I have both colonies that TSA has offered in the last 4 years. My RRU Angry Bird is a little upset right now so I’m not going to photograph it. So, here is a shot of my RR Angry Bird from “2017” TSA via Lazy’s Coral House. It’s a nice looking coral too. The colors of the new growth versus the old cream/pink growth is pretty amazing!
83AB0454-4CAF-4381-8260-31D30F778A6D.jpeg

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks to @Charlie’s Frags for the history of the RR Angry Birds & RRU Angry Birds. I have both colonies that TSA has offered in the last 4 years. My RRU Angry Bird is a little upset right now so I’m not going to photograph it. So, here is a shot of my RR Angry Bird from “2017” TSA via Lazy’s Coral House. It’s a nice looking coral too. The colors of the new growth versus the old cream/pink growth is pretty amazing!
So the version that Lazy sells is different than the one that TSA sells now? just curious, there seem to be several versions floating around. its an issue i discussed some with @WillH after i picked up a frag from him, which unfortunately i killed. I have the TSA version i bought after i got one direct from RRU that came in rough and i expected to die, it actually isn't dead yet but has no color or polyp extension, so i still don't really expect it to make it, it has been like that for months.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to mention tsa is not deliberately selling “another” version. I’m sure they purchased theirs with direct lineage from RRU. RRU is rumored to have renamed another morph angry birds. I do not have either piece so can not confirm those rumors.

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I want to mention tsa is not deliberately selling “another” version. I’m sure they purchased theirs with direct lineage from RRU. RRU is rumored to have renamed another morph angry birds. I do not have either piece so can not confirm those rumors.
I have heard that as well, but had issues with the other frags i got, only have the TSA version (recent)

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My understanding is that TSA offered the “RR Angry Birds” back around 2017. My photo is of that coral. I picked it up from Lazy.

The piece that TSA offers today is RR USA Angry Birds. Stunning blue skin with the yellow orange base to the polyps.

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Here’s a quick phone pic for today. I needed to enlarge the plug on this one so I figured I’d throw it up while I’m working on it. I feel like this one is a highly under appreciated piece. I am very partial to corals that have stark white skin and this piece has it and shows it where the coral is growing. The new growth areas also sprout gold polyps that give the piece a nice combination of contrasting colors.

The old growth is a nice purple shade around the coralite that reminds me of the OG Pearlberry. I really like this piece!

WWC Black Widow Baby
EDBCCE40-4CA5-4D20-BA86-FEE42D0B329A.jpeg

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Here’s a quick phone pic for today. I needed to enlarge the plug on this one so I figured I’d throw it up while I’m working on it. I feel like this one is a highly under appreciated piece. I am very partial to corals that have stark white skin and this piece has it and shows it where the coral is growing. The new growth areas also sprout gold polyps that give the piece a nice combination of contrasting colors.

The old growth is a nice purple shade around the coralite that reminds me of the OG Pearlberry. I really like this piece!

WWC Black Widow Baby
EDBCCE40-4CA5-4D20-BA86-FEE42D0B329A.jpeg
I used to have WWC black widow, liked it a lot. ill have to try and get another frag sometime.

In the last couple years i had dinos, then some bad alk instability in my frag system and lost a lot of frags and grow outs. Think i finally have things sorted out and there are a few i'm going to have to try and re-acquire. This hobby can be frustrating sometimes, but i'm still pretty fascinated by it.

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I used to have WWC black widow, liked it a lot. ill have to try and get another frag sometime.

In the last couple years i had dinos, then some bad alk instability in my frag system and lost a lot of frags and grow outs. Think i finally have things sorted out and there are a few i'm going to have to try and re-acquire. This hobby can be frustrating sometimes, but i'm still pretty fascinated by it.
You’re with me on its beauty, yah!

We’ve all had our share of losing our prized possessions. It’s getting back on the horse and riding again that makes it all worth it. Learn from every mistake! ;)

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
BC Blue Ghost
This one is another piece that is difficult to capture the true beauty of. Here’s my best shot. Unfortunately I had to sacrifice the yellow highlights on the tips in order to try to represent the blue accurately.
58263E04-9B52-4DFD-B283-4D48ABF39A91.jpeg

This one is a no name I picked up 6-8 months ago. Nothing spectacular but it’s a fast grower and that dark blue is really nice on it
94F99961-015A-465B-8B73-6F842E8F3A73.jpeg

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BC Blue Ghost
This one is another piece that is difficult to capture the true beauty of. Here’s my best shot. Unfortunately I had to sacrifice the yellow highlights on the tips in order to try to represent the blue accurately.
58263E04-9B52-4DFD-B283-4D48ABF39A91.jpeg

This one is a no name I picked up 6-8 months ago. Nothing spectacular but it’s a fast grower and that dark blue is really nice on it
94F99961-015A-465B-8B73-6F842E8F3A73.jpeg
That no-name looks a bit like my tricolor valida. Is the base green? Does it grow right before your eyes?

IMG-4750.JPG

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking pieces you have! Where in Fairborn are you at? I live in columbus but am making the commute over to Wright state a few days a week.

corey

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That no-name looks a bit like my tricolor valida. Is the base green? Does it grow right before your eyes?

IMG-4750.JPG
Hey Scott,
They definitely look similar... here’s a quick phone pic I just took with a yellow/orange filter stack....
C6AB9B0E-93D1-4994-B311-77D37D3C5342.jpeg

Even though there appears to be green skin down towards the middle trunk, it’s really just the greenish polyps cluttered together. The skin seems to still be blue.

I can’t zoom in enough on your pic to see if that’s the case with yours or not. Whatcha think?

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Great looking pieces you have! Where in Fairborn are you at? I live in columbus but am making the commute over to Wright state a few days a week.

corey
Hi Corey, thanks for the compliment. I just can’t seem to stop buying stuff! Lol

I think I seen you talking to Jeff, of coral beauties, on another thread recently. Jeff is a good friend of mine. I live about 5 minutes west of him.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was. I havent met him but am hoping to swing by and grab a few pieces from him as well. Maybe one day I can swing by and check your system out to.
I am in the early stages of stocking mine after moving and not setting it up right away.

corey

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I was. I havent met him but am hoping to swing by and grab a few pieces from him as well. Maybe one day I can swing by and check your system out to.
I am in the early stages of stocking mine after moving and not setting it up right away.

corey
Sounds like a plan to me!

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Scott,
They definitely look similar... here’s a quick phone pic I just took with a yellow/orange filter stack....
C6AB9B0E-93D1-4994-B311-77D37D3C5342.jpeg

Even though there appears to be green skin down towards the middle trunk, it’s really just the greenish polyps cluttered together. The skin seems to still be blue.

I can’t zoom in enough on your pic to see if that’s the case with yours or not. Whatcha think?
I will inspect closer when the lights come up, but I think you may be correct about polyp versus flesh color. Mine came from ORA a hundred years ago, so I forgot what it was. @C. Eymann ID'd that colony for me.

Man, if my HW or Fruity Pebbles would grow this fast...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back