Swim Bladder Disease?

MauiAnglerReef

I Love Frogfish
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
499
Reaction score
414
Location
Maui, HI
What state or country do you live in
Hawaii
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just woke up to my feeder chromis at the bottom of the tank. It was freaking out and not swimming correctly. Should I just flush it to prevent it from spreading to the other feeder fish?


 
Could you attach the videos as YouTube links? The embedded videos don’t play on mobile.
How new is the fish? How was it acclimated?
Do you have multiple chromis in the tank? They have tendency to kill each other off depending on tank and shoal size. The bullied individuals will often act weird (most often hiding in the corner).
Definitely don’t flush it - there’s better ways to euthanize if need be. Also, for a feeder, consider mollies. They are cheaper, easy to breed, and are far less likely to transfer diseases.
 
I know about mollies and guppies, they used to be my go-to feeder but recently, my angler has rejected them, so marine fish are my only current option. It was the only chromis in the tank, and was in it for about 2-3 weeks.
 
20250612_063735.png


20250612_063745.png


20250612_063753.png
 
Nothing looks overtly wrong with the fish, but post mortem is always tough. Maybe a little pinched in the abdomen - had it been eating?
I wouldn’t be super worried unless any other fish start acting off.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new