Swim bladder problem?

ThunderGoose

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2016
Messages
938
Reaction score
1,176
Location
Beverly, Mass
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a blackline blenny that has gone through QT with Prazipro and Copper treatments. She is active, eats well, looks really good. BUT when she sleeps she floats up to the surface of the water (and has since she arrived).

Any suggestions for further treatment? When do I decide it's just her (or an injury and not a disease) and she's ok for the DT? After a month? Never?

I also have a neon (blue) goby in the QT. Would it be safe to move the goby over? It's shown NO signs of the possible swim bladder issue.
 
Does it swim normally during the day? A fish with a swim bladder disorder would have difficulty "staying down" 24/7.

I've owned quite a few Meiacanthus genus blennies and they sometimes exhibit strange sleeping habits. I've seen them "cuddle" with the aquarium silicone at night, sleep under a magfloat, on top of a powerhead, etc. Why not find a hidey-hole in a rock? :confused:
 
Thanks for the response. I'll finish out the QT time and chalk it up to "she likes to sleep in weird places." It'll be interesting to see where she chooses to sleep in a fully decorated tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new