Swim bladder problem?

ThunderGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a blackline blenny that has gone through QT with Prazipro and Copper treatments. She is active, eats well, looks really good. BUT when she sleeps she floats up to the surface of the water (and has since she arrived).

Any suggestions for further treatment? When do I decide it's just her (or an injury and not a disease) and she's ok for the DT? After a month? Never?

I also have a neon (blue) goby in the QT. Would it be safe to move the goby over? It's shown NO signs of the possible swim bladder issue.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it swim normally during the day? A fish with a swim bladder disorder would have difficulty "staying down" 24/7.

I've owned quite a few Meiacanthus genus blennies and they sometimes exhibit strange sleeping habits. I've seen them "cuddle" with the aquarium silicone at night, sleep under a magfloat, on top of a powerhead, etc. Why not find a hidey-hole in a rock? :confused:

OP
OP
ThunderGoose

ThunderGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response. I'll finish out the QT time and chalk it up to "she likes to sleep in weird places." It'll be interesting to see where she chooses to sleep in a fully decorated tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back