Switching form LED to T5.

Kristijan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi people! I want to share my experience with T5. I've wanted to switch from LED to T5 for a while, and a week or two ago, I did. I don't know if it's a placebo effect, but my corals seem to open much better, and they show better color. I feel like they are happier hahah. I'm mainly keeping soft corals, and I think I'll use T5 as long as they are produced.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi people! I want to share my experience with T5. I've wanted to switch from LED to T5 for a while, and a week or two ago, I did. I don't know if it's a placebo effect, but my corals seem to open much better, and they show better color. I feel like they are happier hahah. I'm mainly keeping soft corals, and I think I'll use T5 as long as they are produced.

T5s are a very different light than LEDs... to each their own...

I've got T5s in my canopy that I can turn on but my LEDs take less power and meet our needs

OP
OP
Kristijan

Kristijan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T5s are a very different light than LEDs... to each their own...

I've got T5s in my canopy that I can turn on, but my LEDs take less power and meet our needs
Agree, but I have a smaller tank, and the power consumption is not that different. I'm also using only four bulbs. But for big SPS tanks, I think led is the way to go.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back