Switching from NoPox to Bacto Energy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

xseraph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon, I have a question on dosing Bacto Energy. I was using Redsea NoPox as carbon source, and switched to Bacto Energy with the reef ball since last month. After I switched to Bacto Energy, I observed that my NO3 level was raising from 1 to 10 during the last few weeks. I have a 47G tank, and I had already increased my Bacto Energy dosage to 1.2ml daily, which is already higher than the recommendation, but my NO3 level still keeps raising every week. Do you have any suggestion on how to use Bacto Energy? Many thanks!

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI the mixture we use in BE is a bit different as the other product , so it usually takes sometimes a bit time till the bacteria can use it completly. You can raise the dosing a bit during the first weeks.

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon, I have a question on dosing Bacto Energy. I was using Redsea NoPox as carbon source, and switched to Bacto Energy with the reef ball since last month. After I switched to Bacto Energy, I observed that my NO3 level was raising from 1 to 10 during the last few weeks. I have a 47G tank, and I had already increased my Bacto Energy dosage to 1.2ml daily, which is already higher than the recommendation, but my NO3 level still keeps raising every week. Do you have any suggestion on how to use Bacto Energy? Many thanks!
Did your level drop later or not, I had to stop nopox because it raised my molybdenum levels dramatically.
But bacto energy seems to have not effect?

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI BE work different then the other product we do no use short carbon source so if you do a change a part of the binded nitrogen will release back to the water, BE is made for long time use, you can dose double ammount this should help

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dosed it a few months, saw no results, so I stopped it.
But how it works if they are no carbon sources?

Back