Switching to Neptune

jeffskaggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a da elite but really not happy with their customer service, ever since I updated it it hasn't worked the same, thinking about getting a Neptune apex, wondering how everyone like theirs

lakeviewink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree about customer service. I have over $600 of DA equipment and can't seem to get much help with some issues after an update and subsequent reset. I'm considering switching over to Neptune Systems also.
Following along………

rako1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my apex alot great tek service,They helped me setup my email phone and computer to control it. I had some trouble with a update, and tek support took care of it right away. I have the full apex system and never had a problem.

KoleTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The apex is a more challenging to program but you can a lot more programming features.

I'm using a RKL on one of my tanks and it is working great. I do agree though. They have the worst customer service and instructions around.

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Apex with ORP, ph and Temp off the main unit, Plus 2 PM1 with pH and a PM2 with Condx and temp. I run 3 EB8 - I had some issues initially getting the condx dialed in.

But the unit has been very stable, and the ability to program to your specific needs is really great. The customer service has been great, and they have some online forums supported by users which are really helpful.

Dave B

Flipside

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Neptune too. They have gone as far as to remote into my unit to help out. Other than have to deal with extremely busy times when they do a firmware upgrade, they have been very good with customer service issues that I've thrown at them. Good group. :)

chort55

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an ac jr (well actually still run it on my 14g), and switched over to a Reef Angel on my main system.... IMO the RA is even more flexible, but it does require more from a programming standpoint then either of the other units. Customer service is amazing as you deal with the owner, and they have their own forum full of knowledgeable guys to help and come up with new things the unit can do.

OP
OP
J

jeffskaggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried calling da a couple of times and left messages to have them call me back and have never received a call back, not very good customer service, what is the difference between the apex and the apex lite

Flipside

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be missing some items, but I've owned both of them. The Apex full version has an extra pH/ORP connection/port. It also has the 4 extra variable speed ports. The main reason some guys buy the Apex is because of the two ports for pH... Can measure Ca reactors and stuff. As far as I know, the NET works the same on both of them... though, I haven't hooked mine up yet. Been lazy. :D

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 35 85.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.3%
Back