Sword damage

sanchoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Achilles took heavy damage from my purple hang, large 3 inch deep gash to the side. He appears to be normal. Should I stress him more by treating him, or just let mother nature heal him like in the wild.

The skirmish happened in their normal sword play over a sleeping place.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would at least start soaking their fish food with a vitamin supplement to help boost the immune system. This strategy has helped heal many wounds and made Lympho go away on my fish. But if the gash starts to look infected (turns red or white colored), I would QT him and treat with antibiotics.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would at least start soaking their fish food with a vitamin supplement to help boost the immune system. This strategy has helped heal many wounds and made Lympho go away on my fish. But if the gash starts to look infected (turns red or white colored), I would QT him and treat with antibiotics.

+1

OP
OP
sanchoy

sanchoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
04d383538f9ad7763b40487c1343c87b_thumb.jpg

Was able to get a shot of the damage. Doesn't bother him. First time he sustained any significant damage. I'm not sure if it's from the purple tang or the angel fish. As they battle all the time for that hole.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size DT are they all in? I can tell you that sometimes this fighting doesn't subside until one of them is dead. :( I've had to choose between fish many, many times...

OP
OP
sanchoy

sanchoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are in a 250. The pecking order had been in place, not constant fighting. Just sometimes they will battle for New sleeping places, just one or two swipes. I think this time he just got caught at a wrong angle with a spine.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 35 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back