Sydney Aquarium

The Kahnasaur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just visited the Sydney Aquarium and unfortunately I was pretty disappointed. I had heard it was one of the nicest aquariums which had me fired up to see it. There were about 10 tanks(exhibits) empty, preparing for new arrivals, which seemed like an awful lot. I realize it's winter here so maybe that's why.

The biggest let down though was the condition of so many of the tanks. They were covered in aiptasia, majanos, and nasty forms of algae. I'm hoping it's all because it's their down season but by the massive numbers of aiptasia I can't buy that as a reason. One seahorse tank had hundreds of them. I heard people asking if they were the exhibit not even noticing the seahorses. Has anyone been here in the last 6 months to a year and seen it in better condition?

Now don't get me wrong, there were still 2-3 large exhibits that I really enjoyed. They have a really large LPS and soft coral exhibit with a few massive chalice colonies and some really large anemones. They have a ton of Morish Idols and Tangs with really long streamers. I still really enjoyed myself, I guess I was just expecting more from the reviews I had heard. Has anyone else had a different experience than me?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 55 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back