Sydney Aquarium

The Kahnasaur

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2014
Messages
125
Reaction score
23
Location
New Jersey - Philadelphia area
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just visited the Sydney Aquarium and unfortunately I was pretty disappointed. I had heard it was one of the nicest aquariums which had me fired up to see it. There were about 10 tanks(exhibits) empty, preparing for new arrivals, which seemed like an awful lot. I realize it's winter here so maybe that's why.

The biggest let down though was the condition of so many of the tanks. They were covered in aiptasia, majanos, and nasty forms of algae. I'm hoping it's all because it's their down season but by the massive numbers of aiptasia I can't buy that as a reason. One seahorse tank had hundreds of them. I heard people asking if they were the exhibit not even noticing the seahorses. Has anyone been here in the last 6 months to a year and seen it in better condition?

Now don't get me wrong, there were still 2-3 large exhibits that I really enjoyed. They have a really large LPS and soft coral exhibit with a few massive chalice colonies and some really large anemones. They have a ton of Morish Idols and Tangs with really long streamers. I still really enjoyed myself, I guess I was just expecting more from the reviews I had heard. Has anyone else had a different experience than me?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new