Syn-Biotic Sea Salt

Marine Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used or had any experience with the tropic marine Syn-Biotic Sea Salt I'm really interested in using it because of its benefits.

Thanks

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used 2 buckets worth now, and it’s def helped with eliminating nuisance algae since it helps lower nutrients via the carbon dosing. Corals seem to like it as well.
I will say though that I also don’t use it as my sole salt. I also use TMCP and use the syn-biotic about every other water change or so.
The symbiotic has an ALK of around 8 whereas the TMCP is around 7 and the classic is around 9. Just FYI in case that matters to you.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking into using this to set up the new build. I'll be carrying over some of the existing tank water, live rock, etc...
Given the existing tank has high nitrates currently, I figure that I can either add additives when I make the switch or go with this. I doubt that I would stay with this long term. I use two little fishies and love it. I need to make 100 gallons of salt water.... so..... here goes nothing... hoping it will make a smoother transition for all inhabitants and set the new tank up for success.

Back