Sync issue with Nicrew Hypereef 100 gen 2

angsess

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2026
Messages
45
Reaction score
27
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my lights set up and cannot get them to sync. The controller works fine plugged into with light individually but when I daisy chain them with a usb cable they both start flashing. Any ideas?
 
Probably stupid question, but have you tried power cycling the second light?
 
Try swapping ports, or plugging the controller into the other light? Sorry, I hate Nicrew's controller. That's why I made my own. Unfortunately, I won't have more prototypes/betas in for about 3 more weeks.
 
Swapped ports on all the cables and tried different combinations. Could it be the usb cable I am using to connect the 2 lights? I ordered the Nicrew branded one to try that.n
 
Sounds like the cable might be bad. Does it blink if you only insert the cable in the first unit with the control and leave the second unplugged? The cable may be broken inside. Id try the cable matters brand off amazon if they have them.
 
Swapped it to the other light one more time and now it’s working. Go figure!
 
Swapped it to the other light one more time and now it’s working. Go figure!
I was going to suggest you contact nicrew through Amazon. They were helpful to me. It seems like you don’t need them now though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new