T-5 hybrid options

KyOsIBa515

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I recently purchased a Red sea 350 a few weeks ago. As I am planning the build further I could use some input or personal experiences.
This will be an SPS dominant tank. With that being said I am torn on the lighting. I know I want to run a T-5 hybrid with Kessils. However, I am not quite sure which route.
I was thinking of either Aquaticlife DX18 with 2 A360x. On the other hand I already have an A160 from a previous project and to get just one more and a 6 bulb ATI dimmable sunpower and retrofit the kessils to that.
Any thoughts or experience would be awesome to either of those options.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I recently purchased a Red sea 350 a few weeks ago. As I am planning the build further I could use some input or personal experiences.
This will be an SPS dominant tank. With that being said I am torn on the lighting. I know I want to run a T-5 hybrid with Kessils. However, I am not quite sure which route.
I was thinking of either Aquaticlife DX18 with 2 A360x. On the other hand I already have an A160 from a previous project and to get just one more and a 6 bulb ATI dimmable sunpower and retrofit the kessils to that.
Any thoughts or experience would be awesome to either of those options.
All I can add is that I really like my aquatic life, non dimmable, t5 hybrid with my a360 we’s. I’ve had dimmable t5’s in the past, but I don’t need them now because I use my kessils for dimming. You might like the 360x better because I believe they dim to a lower level than the older 160/360 versions. I think either of your options would work great for growth, but I do think the 6 bulb t5 would negate most of the kessil shimmer.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back