T-slot stand advice

If you are OK with respectful critique …
Looks a lil tall and slightly overbuilt ,,,, If the stand was shorter you might have skipped those vertical support legs in the center, or even better used diagonal supports as already mentioned for a cleaner less obstructed look…
Either way I am pretty certain you can remove one of them…assuming thats 30/30

Below is the rack I JUST made about a week ago
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 157
If you are OK with respectful critique …
Looks a lil tall and slightly overbuilt ,,,, If the stand was shorter you might have skipped those vertical support legs in the center, or even better used diagonal supports as already mentioned for a cleaner less obstructed look…
Either way I am pretty certain you can remove one of them…assuming thats 30/30

Below is the rack I JUST made about a week ago
Yes please on the critique! That's why I'm here.

This is all 2040, not 3030. I tried to have the load going into the 40mm side where possible to get lower deflection values. And actually, that's why I have the vertical support legs in the middle--I wanted to have the horizontal spans broken up. I agree it's not especially clean looking and that maybe diagonal struts would have been the way to go.

Yours looks great! Are those 40g breeders? What did you end up using for feet?
 
BTW

You can reach out to framingtech and ask them to fabricate the angle pieces from the same profile as yours with integrated milled fasteners. Stand will be solid if you add 8 in the top corners. I have a 46" tall stand manufactured by them, no issues.

https://www.framingtech.com/
Alternatively a long gussets - one that have 2 fasteners per side (4 total) might to the trick but a machined 45-degree bracket mounted internally with integrated fasteners would take the cake.

See TNutz.com also, I find their accessories to be the cheapest in price.
 
Yes please on the critique! That's why I'm here.

This is all 2040, not 3030. I tried to have the load going into the 40mm side where possible to get lower deflection values. And actually, that's why I have the vertical support legs in the middle--I wanted to have the horizontal spans broken up. I agree it's not especially clean looking and that maybe diagonal struts would have been the way to go.

Yours looks great! Are those 40g breeders? What did you end up using for feet?
Yeah those are 3ea 40 breeders using 30/30
They make a plate just for feet…it looks like a baseball home plate with a m12 tap ..

Here are the feet
Amazon product ASIN B0879DVZY4
 
If you are OK with respectful critique …
Looks a lil tall and slightly overbuilt ,,,, If the stand was shorter you might have skipped those vertical support legs in the center, or even better used diagonal supports as already mentioned for a cleaner less obstructed look…
Either way I am pretty certain you can remove one of them…assuming thats 30/30

Below is the rack I JUST made about a week ago


Looks good, I used alu profiles for everything LOL - its addictive.

1732308903740.png
 
If you are OK with respectful critique …
Looks a lil tall and slightly overbuilt ,,,, If the stand was shorter you might have skipped those vertical support legs in the center, or even better used diagonal supports as already mentioned for a cleaner less obstructed look…
Either way I am pretty certain you can remove one of them…assuming thats 30/30

Below is the rack I JUST made about a week a

Are your vertical beams a single piece?
 
My original plan was to actually make my own feet using 5cm tall pieces of 2040 with end caps. Then use shims to get things level. What do people think of something like that?
PXL_20241122_223621545.jpg
PXL_20241122_223630739.jpg
 
My original plan was to actually make my own feet using 5cm tall pieces of 2040 with end caps. Then use shims to get things level. What do people think of something like that?
PXL_20241122_223621545.jpg
PXL_20241122_223630739.jpg
You need leveling feet…no floor is perfectly level and thats a LOT of weight
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new