T-Slot Stand Build Dressing Ideas

Njdevils1220

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2016
Messages
428
Reaction score
161
Location
Tampa. FL
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am building yet another system and I was wondering if anyone has ever used 3D wall tiles or a cool natural rock looking back splash sheet to cover their stand? I am going with a T slot stand with removable panels and was thinking it would be cool to dress the panels in something with depth or texture rather than just a paint or stained finish. Pics would be awesome!
 
I had bookmarked these 2 from other threads here but have unfortunately lost their sources…

1644770884913.png


1644770918409.png


By far my favorites but not my own work.
 
Yep something like that. I bookmarked a few products I found to maybe try
That first image I found on Home Depot’s website. In the end I decided that on my size stand (4’ x 3’) I did not want to invest the time and energy into smoothing the seams between tiles such as these. Maybe if I ever re-skin my stand I will go for something more labor intensive and interesting. Be sure to post pix of what you come up with!
 
I have a wall with 3D tile 12x10. It is paintable and fairly easy to use. The trick is if there are odd sizes and you split the panel other than the ends it looks odd with air space.

Currently using a tile on a stand redo. Working on the door situation at the moment. I will post pics of the finished product. Lots of tile options and some are 3D without the airspace when you cut it.

https://www.flooranddecor.com/porce...celain-tile-100903715.html?externalVisit=true
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new