• Total voters

NaClH20Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefers!

Instead of me changing my lighting schedule up 100 times trying to make my mind up I’m coming here to ask for some advice. I’ve only ran LEDs up until this point so t5’s are new to me.

This is over an Aqueon 90 gal
48.5" x 18.5" x 25.375"

This his is a SPS dominant tank followed by Zoas and a few LPS.

Below are pictures of the tank and my lighting schedule.

I’m looking for constructive criticism on the schedule. Should I alter it? In what way? Should I leave it the way it is?

36D9A6BF-66F2-4701-AC8F-25AF93B92642.png

64A0090A-FDCC-4D1D-BF41-5BD88A43CA11.jpeg

Dave Cureton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full intensity for 9 hours seems a little much to me. Have you taken any PAR readings with this setup? I only run my tank at full intensity for 4 hours. I’m also on a time of use electric rate in California so trying to keep my usage in check. I also think that an actual reef probably only sees maybe 6 hours of full intensity sun. But I have only ever been to Hawaiian and Caribbean reefs. Your results may vary.

OP
OP
NaClH20Reefer

NaClH20Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full intensity for 9 hours seems a little much to me. Have you taken any PAR readings with this setup? I only run my tank at full intensity for 4 hours. I’m also on a time of use electric rate in California so trying to keep my usage in check. I also think that an actual reef probably only sees maybe 6 hours of full intensity sun. But I have only ever been to Hawaiian and Caribbean reefs. Your results may vary.

I have not taken part readings and I really need too. Especially with a system I’m using new lighting on (new to me). I’m currently waiting for a friend to bring over his par meter but I may rent one from BRS to go ahead and get it done.

Back