T5 4 bulb mount height for general lps

santeeeyyy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2023
Messages
766
Reaction score
460
Location
Queen creek
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have acquired a 21 x 21 desk tank. The JBJ 20 gallon ones. I also got a 4 bulb light fixture and it comes with wires to mount or hang as well as stands to put onto the tank. I thought the light stands would burn hammers or any sort of euphylia I am putting into the tank. The set up seemed perfect for stonies but for euphylia it’ll be maybe 6inches or so above the water line. How high up should I mount if I were to use this light. I would rather not mount it from the wall

att.vOhavjkQ7cht8v3Xf1LRouYEB6XDAWifx2exKU3QChE.jpeg att.aaMjLVe9-m6ufLmXF2rX0KJ-v0NA9oSj4h0F4ySeSps.jpeg
 
I am getting 15 hammers and looking to dump them into this tank as well as putting in live rock from my cycled tanks to kick start and skip the cycle
 
12" would be good the Aquatic Life doesn't put to much power to the bulbs
 
One of the best things about T5s is they are hard to mess up. Anywhere from like 4-12” is fine for the majority of lights and corals
So I can just slap this directly ontop of the tank? It has a little kick stand. Also it’s like four of these light bulbs
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new