T5 addition to the tank

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
2,722
Reaction score
609
Location
Heart of Dixie--------------------------Mtgy,Ala
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added 6-T5 to my tank which was previously running only 2 radion pro G3, I cant get over the polyp extensions im getting within a short period of time with the t5, I never had this with just the Radions. Can t5 really make that much of a difference?
 

Attachments

  • 1425129619624.jpg
    1425129619624.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 832
  • 1425129590884.jpg
    1425129590884.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 802
  • 1425130675222.jpg
    1425130675222.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 819
  • 1425130648854.jpg
    1425130648854.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 841
so how's growth now? any better or just better p.e
well i just added these yesterday so time will tell

3 months ago i switched to 2- Radions g3pro from 6 bulb t5 thinking it would be a better choice, as you see i went back to t5 but also keeping the radions, Don't get me wrong I had great growth with just Radions but i just never got use to the shadows i was getting with the leds. I was use to a light that was spread out all over the tank and now i got that along with the led that will give corals its POP
 
I was running 6 48inch t5s and always wanted some high end leds so finally got 2 new AI hydra 52s and love the color and growth both offer.
 
I was running 6 48inch t5s and always wanted some high end leds so finally got 2 new AI hydra 52s and love the color and growth both offer.

I cant wait to see the results,which i mainly doing it for the shadows led gives off ,but growth would be nice also
 
Now i gotta add them to the frag tank:tongue:..& Thank you

Can you share you bulb combo on the T5's? I have LEDs supplementing in the form of ReefBrites. I ended up changing a lot of my T5's to pure actinic, the colors look sweet!
 
Can you share you bulb combo on the T5's? I have LEDs supplementing in the form of ReefBrites. I ended up changing a lot of my T5's to pure actinic, the colors look sweet!

Front to back... ATI Blue+, ATI Blue+, Korallen-Zucht Coral ll, KZ Fiji Purple, ATI Aqua BlueSpecial,ATI Blue +
 
Cool, finishing up the cycle on my 250 and will be using the same setup
 
I just added 2 - 2 bulb 48in t5 fixtures to my 3 kessil a360we's over my 250dd and had the same result. The polyp extension on my acros is noticeable better after only a few hours with the t5's. I had good growth with just kessils I anticipate even better growth with this setup
 
I just added 2 - 2 bulb 48in t5 fixtures to my 3 kessil a360we's over my 250dd and had the same result. The polyp extension on my acros is noticeable better after only a few hours with the t5's. I had good growth with just kessils I anticipate even better growth with this setup
Its crazy isnt it, Wish ya the best and keep us posted on growth..
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new