t5 bulb combo for whiter DT

easternreefer

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2017
Messages
545
Reaction score
536
Location
Kodak, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personal opinion.. I dislike the blue tanks I see. so I am shooting for a whiter look with a hint of blue..
all t5.. softie tank/maybe some lps .. 90 g
4 bulb fixtures.. I presently have two 24 inch fixtures over the tank.. running a mix of 6 month old bulbs. and a couple new ones.. I am in the process of changing 1 bulb every couple weeks to a month so that I don't shock the system with all new bulbs at once.
your suggestions?
 
I am running all ati bulbs, 3 blue plus with 1 aqua blue special and it gives it a nice white look with a hint of blue. I have also ran 2 blue plus, 1 aqua blue specials and a purple plus.
 
ATI blue+ coral+ combo

If you want more white mix in an AB special

Agreed. I have a fixture with (2) ATI blue+ & (2) ATI coral+ and it is a nice crisp white with a hint of blue.
 
I have 2 blue +, 1 coral +, and 1 purple+. I know some people don't like the purple plus bulb but I like the color it gives to my fish
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new