T5 fixture question

AntarcticIkeelu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been looking at getting a 4 bulb t5 fixture for a new frag tank im setting up. Is there anything wrong with buying a cheap fixture from Home Depot ($90 for a 48" fixture). I plan on using ati Blue+ bulbs.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The main difference between the fixtures is the way they are built to get the best out of the bulbs.
ATI has the best cooling system there is because it was design to bring out more efficiency in the long run, having the bulbs to last longer. the cooling is directed to a specific spot on the bulbs. That alone is a great feature. It also has splash guard, but you can get one for any fixture, if you need.

But most of the T5 fixtures will work ok over any shallow reef giving out the best light one can wish for any coral.
I've had many T5 fixtures in the past and they all gave good results. Nova, Tek Light, etc..
The ones from Home Depot and Amazon are made in China and the quality isn't the best!! But they will work!
Many parts of the ATI fixture are also made in China anyways, but they stand behind the German design, inspections and warranties ...
ATI Blue Plus is the best!!!!
Yeah, Tidal Gardens went from LEDs back to the T5s!
Here:

Have fun!!
Grandis.

OP
OP
AntarcticIkeelu

AntarcticIkeelu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx for all your input guys. I've got the bulbs ordered so when they come in I'll make sure the ends fit the fixture, if not I'll try something else.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 100 76.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back