T5 Hybrid with Radion G5s

Crytpotank

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2020
Messages
11
Reaction score
2
Location
Tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 Radion G5s with the Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid light fixture. Struggling to find the correct combination. Lights are 8 inches off the water and tough to raise. Below are examples of what the PAR reads when I tried a bunch of combinations. Issue is wanting to get enough out of my LEDs I paid for but not burning the corals when the T5 comes on. Stupid to let LEDs go normal for few hours than lower % of power on LED while T5s come on?

Tank - 24 inches deep

PAR reading middle of the tank
- Only Radions set 15% = 35 PAR

- Radions (15%) with T5 = 150 PAR. (Concern with this combo is Im not getting enough from my LEDs I paid for?)

- Only Radions (25%) = 60 PAR

- Radions (25%) with T5 = 200 PAR (Concerned this is too much light for the middle of the tank? 430 PAR 6 inches under the surface)
 
In my experience, 200 PAR in the middle of the tank is not to much. You also have to consider that PAR from an LED is much harsher than PAR from a T5. It would be hard for you to hurt your corals with T5 bulbs. If I were you, I would go with the higher setting and even consider slowly increasing the output of you LED’s. I have LPS sitting at 250 PAR with a T5 hybrid running Hydra 26 HD’s.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new