T5 Led flickers once and off.

AquaticJamaica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally set up My aquatic life t5 led hybrid and one side fully works and the other side doesn't. When I flip the bulbs the side that no longer works worked and the side that originally worked doesn't. Does that mean the problem is a bulb? The light literally flickers a slight orange and then turns off.

CJS80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it sounds like a bulb. Take 1 bulb out of the side that is working and try 1 bulb at a time from the other side to determine which bulb it is.

OP
OP
A

AquaticJamaica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've narrowed down to the actinic. If I purchased it from BRS Should i contact them?

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS should take care of you no problem. Just let them know what happened and they should send you out a new bulb.

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just had a bad ATI actinic bulb for my 48” fixture last week. BRS was great and had a replacement to me in a few days and all was well. Give them a call.

Cook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having the same problem with my T5 Hybrid fixture, whichever side I put the coral plus bulb, it stops working. I believe that it is the ATI Coral Plus bulb as neither side of my fixtures will light it. I bought another Coral plus bulb tonight from a LFS and it is the same problem. AquaticJamaica, what was your resolution? I doubt that I have two bad bulbs?

Last edited:

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having the same problem with my T5 Hybrid fixture, whichever side I put the coral plus bulb, it stops working. I believe that it is the ATI Coral Plus bulb as neither side of my fixtures will light it. I bought another one tonight from a LFS and it is the same problem. AquaticJamaica, what was your resolution? I doubt that I have two bad bulbs?

Could be a bad ballast or internal switch. Call aquatic life at 888-548-3480. 10:00am to 2:30pm Monday through Friday, pacific time.

Cook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent aquatic life an email before I posted here, since it was after hours for them. In the meantime, I tested the bulbs with a multimeter. Both bulbs are good. The resistance of the Coral Plus bulb is higher than the Blue Plus, I don't know if that means anything. I'm anxious to get this light mounted this weekend, but it looks like I will have to wait.

Cook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As un update to what I experienced, the third Coral Plus replacement bulb I got solved the failure to light problem. So, two bad ATI bulbs from two different sources. Kudos to Aquatic Life who responded to my email super fast.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back